Monday, September 07, 2009

Happy Labor Day!




A tip of the Afro to our Canadian neighbors for originating the Labor Day holiday...

...and to all the women and men who organized and remain organized despite the forces aligned against them.

Labor Day is more than the unofficial end of summer. It is an opportunity to reflect on what used to be, honor those workers who fought for change and commit to the issues currently on the table.

Like a tree that's standing by the water, we shall not be moved!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Short but sweet Shark Fu.

We all labor for our paychecks..at least those of us in the 90% group. Now, the ten percenters..they don't break a sweat.

Enjoy your Monday!

Unknown said...

Happy Labour Day to you too, from Canada.

(And our sorta beagle says "hey!" to your sorta beagles.)

Arwen said...

Happy Labour Day!

And that's my favorite Rosie the Riveter. I had her as my desktop background for awhile, even tho' I'm a peacenik and from Canada, to boot. I just love her muscle; she really looks like she's doing a hard day's work.

Laura in L.A. said...

Happy Labor Day from a proud Teamster. I love that picture of Rosie the Riveter, too. My grandma built airplanes at Lockheed during WWII, and I was always so proud of her. Even though she was tiny and petite and looked nothing like Rosie!

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...